I found these ten indicators that forgiveness work may be needed by Daniel J. Rogers and thought they may be helpful to you as well.
- Persistently feeling inappropriate or experiencing excessive negative emotions toward another person.
- Frequently flashing back to memories of people and incidents in which you were hurt.
- Cutting off relationships or avoiding people in the wake of an offense or injury.
- Finding it hard to concentrate or get back to normal activity since someone caused you great pain.
- Intentionally or unintentionally doing or saying something that hurts or inconveniences another person.
- Wishing, hoping, or praying that someone will meet with hard or disaster.
- Losing desire or motivation to trust, worship, serve or obey God after someone hurt you.
- Entertaining the idea that something someone else did ruined your life.
- Withholding (even in subtle ways) your attention, affection, communication or help from someone who previously enjoyed these.
- Using work, sleep, food, spending or any kind of substance to get your mind off of what someone else has done to you.
Copyright 2006 Biblical Rescue – Daniel J. Rogers
How about you?
Could you relate to any of these ten indicators? Any others you can think of? Share you comments below.